Welcome to the Thornlea NoCO2 Project Site

Welcome to the official website for the Thornlea Secondary School, NoCO2 Launcher Project. For first time visitors, please start from the bottom of the blog and read your way up, doing so will allow you to read "up" to where we are today. There is also a convenient Archive of posts on the right sidebar under "Blog Archive". There are options to subscribe to the blog at the bottom of the page.

Enjoy,
-Calvin

Monday, May 27, 2013

Installing the GPIO Module and some updates

Much like the Relay, the GPIO module has screw down top terminals, the reason I have a 32 channel unit is because there is supposed to be infrared timing units and LED display boards, however, those will likely not arrive in time for this project. I am unsure and will have to consult with Numato about how to hook the GPIO module up before I power it on. Heres a picture of what I have so far:


Once again, please disregard the messy wires, that will be nice and neat in the final product. As well, I apologize for the delay, the unit was with VB Alex for a couple days so he could try out some code.

In addition, I am trying to get a couple of I series enclosures from Serpac (http://www.serpac.com/i-series.aspx) hopefully they'll send me some samples. Consulting Team 1 is working on looking over my Arduino Code. Consulting team 3 is in the acquisition process for acquiring the electronic Solenoid Valves. Finally I am still missing the SPDT switch that will be used to select either side for operation, as well as a power source to power the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment